Image Map

Monday, September 15, 2014

#OOTD//A New Season


Happy Monday, Everyone!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I sure did! It was relaxing, which is always nice. I was able to make it out to the farmer's market again, catch up on a couple shows, and spend time with friends and family.

With fall fast approaching, it makes me so excited for a new season. Not just a new season weather speaking, but a new season personally. 

Lately, I have been getting the urge to "branch out" and discover new areas that I can place my seed.

I have always been interested in fashion, & with God continually pushing me to break out of my shell and show my talents, I am excited for the things I am dipping into to expand my interests and passions. I have set a big goal and am eager to accomplish it!



A new season brings new goals, new opportunities. I have already made some goals for myself this season that I am excited to challenge myself with. 


1] Take 10,000 steps a day. Seems odd, but I just got a fitbit and want to set a goal that helps ensure I am moving my body an appropriate amount and making sure my body stays active. I think 10,000 steps a day is a good start :)

2] Pray more. I often say that I have a constant relationship with the Lord, where I am talking to Him and Him talking to me. But I have found that I do not often set aside time for formal prayer. Not that I think there is any right way to pray, but I want to set aside time for prayer with just the Lord and I. So I can pray for those who need prayer, pray for myself, and pray for other things I may not "pray" about when I am just talking to Him.


3] Do not get easily offended. I am very sensitive person. Everyone who knows me can testify for me. But the Bible says that love is not easily offended. I really want to practice that part of love. To practice letting things roll of my back. 


4] Be loyal with my savings account. I have a savings, but I want a savings account that is one I don't ever touch. There is a plan where the rules are for whatever week of the year it is, place that amount of money in your bank account. For example, if it is week 1 of the year, that week you put in one dollar. The most you ever put in the bank account is 52 dollars (52 weeks in a year) but at the end of the year you have saved over $1,700. I want to start that so this time next year I will have saved that much. It may not seem like much, but knowing I have christmas present money already saved by this time next year would be a plus. ;)



I don't want to create too many goals where it's not manageable so I think I will stop there :) There are so many things I want to do but like I often say, one step at a time! 

I think my goals focus on key things: Health, Jesus, Love and Finances. Big things in my life! 

I heard a quote last week that said "Your dreams stop being dreams when you make them goals". I can agree with that! So I want to set goals for myself to continue to hold a standard for myself, challenge my abilities and keep achieving things I may have thought I never could. 

What are some goals you want to accomplish this season? 

I hope you have a great week!

-A

3 comments:

  1. I love your heart for the Lord!! I haven't really given it much thought, but one of my goals would be wanting more of God and His word and less of this world!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! I still can't get over that we have the same name :) I am excited to get together soon! I am looking forward to your next post ;)

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! Love the skirt and bow-tie blouse!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3