Image Map

Monday, November 10, 2014

He Says "Come As You Are"

Happy Monday Everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. 

My weekend was filled with love. I would say that is the best way to describe it. I was able to spend time with friends, family, and celebrate love! I attended a wedding this weekend with W and it was beautiful. I love weddings :)

I also got to spend time with my lil' sis which I really enjoyed. She is currently at college so I do not get to see her often but it was great being able to spend some sister time together yesterday.

I (and I believe many other believers) sometimes struggle with guilt from my mistakes, wrong doings or mess ups. 

If I am being completely honest, I mess up a lot. Then I end up knocking my head wondering why I made the same mistake as I have made before. Then it goes into a spiral of guilt with thoughts wondering if God is upset at me, or if I will miss out on blessings, or even if God loves me the same! 

But when in doubt, I go to His Word and just talk to Him. One thing He has really been teaching me lately is about how He wants us to come as we are and He accepts us in any way, shape or form.

He reminds me that He is our Savior- He came to save us from sin, death and even ourselves. He says He is just and will cleanse us of all unrighteousness if we come to Him (1 John 1:8-9).

 I am thankful that I can continue to come to God as I am and be open and honest with Him about my mistakes and failures and He is so gracious that He will cleanse me. That through Jesus I am made Holy, blameless, and free. 

And isn't it great that He remembers our sins no more? That He doesn't hold our sins against us? 

I thank Jesus for His love and forgiveness.

It's so freeing to just talk to Him and confess all I am feeling, all that I am going through, and all that I have done. Sometimes I will start talking to Him about something I think will be quick but then I go on and on and on! Then after I go on a little longer, I can feel the love and peace of God over me that I was letting my feelings of guilt block before I talked to Him. 

I am so thankful! You should try it! If you are going through something or have feelings of guilt and you are doubting God's love and favor over you- just talk to Him and fall into His loving grace- I guarantee it will be better than talking to even the best therapist!!

Let me pray for you:

Heavenly Father, I thank you for your never ending grace and mercy. I thank you for those that are reading this message and are struggling with guilt and doubt. I pray Lord that you pull them close to you today and that you make it known to them that they can come to you with anything and everything. I ask Lord that you cover them with your grace and love and make your presence known to them. Make it known to them that they can come as they are and you will continue to love them unconditionally no matter what. I am so thankful that you never give up on us, accept us as we are and as we come. I thank you for your forgiveness and the freedom given to us through Christ. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Further Reading:
Matthew 11:28
Ephesians 2:1-22


"Earth Has No Sorrow Heaven Can't Heal"

- A

Follow me: Facebook || Instagram || Twitter || Pinterest || Bloglovin 

16 comments:

  1. That's the best thing about God: he loves you no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely needed this post after last night. I sing at my church and I was so frustrated with myself because I just couldn't get the focus I needed last night and felt like I was all over the place. Thank you! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for a job for months now with no luck. I am seriously starting to doubt my skills, my purpose and why I am here. Thank you for this message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing I like to do when I am feeling overwhelmed with life is to write down 5 things I am grateful for each and everyday, sometimes it can be simple things like I am grateful I have a job and a roof over my head but it definitely helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really needed to read this tonight! God definitely loves us the way we are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad it helped you! Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great idea! I do that sometimes, too- and it immediately brightens my mood :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad it helped! Keep holding on! Your desires will come into fruition :) just don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for reading! I know what you mean, sometimes I have days when I just want to focus on The Lord but it seems those are the hardest times to focus. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He sure does!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me too! Such a great message :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really great post too. I know of people - including myself - that struggle with guilt. No need for that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Life is way too short to feel guilty for mistakes! I do my best to correct my mistakes and move forward without guilt whenever I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great post. I'd love for you to link it up on my Motivational Monday linkup http://afreshstartonabudget.com/motivational-monday-and-link-up-2/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its so amazing that he loves us in our most guilt ridden times, he shows up and quiets us with his love!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3