Image Map

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

End of Year Challenge Post 1

Hey Everyone!

As some of you saw On Friday's post, I told you I was going to focus on one goal for the rest of the year. And that was getting healthier and losing weight. I goaled myself at 10 lbs loss by the end of December but as long as I see overall improvement, I'll be happy. 

Well, so far so good! I didn't work out this weekend because I was on the go go go all weekend. But I tried to stay active as much as possible!


I have stayed loyal to working out Friday and now Monday. I'm doing Insanity because with this cold, it's hard for me to be in the cold any longer than I have to (gym travel included!). So insanity is a great substitute if you are not a gym person or you are like me and just want to get to warmth and not have to leave!

Plus, insanity is the only home workout where I have seen true results. About a year and a half ago, I first tried insanity. I lost 12 pounds! So I know if I stick to it, I will see results. 

I'm trying to stick to the book Abs Diet for Women to help with good and nutrition. I really like it overall and it's very educational.


I got some good advice from a woman at church this weekend who is a fitness instructor. She said "I think most people think something is going to happen where they will enjoy working out. Or they will find an exercise that will change their way of feeling about exercise. At a high rate, that's just not the case. So I recommend admitting and knowing you're gonna hate it, but doing it anyway."

Believe it or not, that has really helped me stay on track with eating and exercise. I know I'm not gonna like it, but I'm gonna do it anyway because after I'm done, I feel great. 

Thanks for keeping me accountable on this journey to accomplish my end of year goal!

Xoxo,
A

21 comments:

  1. Way to stick with it! Hating it but doing it anyway is the hardest part for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I just signed up to train for a 10K so now I have my phone constantly reminding me to get out and run! Good job on keeping on schedule and posting to let us know how it is going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I found I've had the most luck with tracking my food and workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the hard/good work on this! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you!!!!! Keep up the dedication, so admirable any time but esp. during the holidays!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you, babe!
    And that is so funny about what your friend at church said- and TRUE, at least for me. I don't like the gym, as a general work. I would muuuuuch rather sit at home, lounge around, and relax when I get home from work- not change into workout clothes and go slag it out for an hour. However, I love the results I get in the gym and the way I feel after I leave the gym- accomplished, healthy, strong.


    You can do it- just pace yourself and make it part of your lifestyle. :)


    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck!! Let me know if you need any help at all, I'm a newly qualified personal trainer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I know I'm going to hate it, but I really need to do it anyways. I am really wanting to get on a routine, and stick to it. I will be checking out that Ab book above. That is where I really need the help after 4 kids. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sort of agree and disagree with what the fitness instructor said to you. I am a Rizzmic fitness instructor at my gym (Rizzmic is an american dance fitness format, heavy in cardio), and the people that take my class absolutely LOVE it. It's such a fun way to work out! I really do think it's possible for you to find an exercise pattern or perhaps a class, that you really love! Keep your hopes up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Mandy. It look me a long time to realize being outdoors was the only type of exercise I could really enjoy. I love kayaking, hiking, etc. And it just took me finding that something that inspired me to move to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with your working out! I feel like the fitness instructor has a small point. I enjoy working out more when I find something I love doing. There isn't always that love hate. I have tried a lot of different types of workouts and different methods. Finally I have nailed it down to Zumba, Body Jam, Running with a TV on haha, and Stair steps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, she gave you some good advice. I've been working on my eating and intentional work outs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had the goal to work out as well but I guess I always find something better to do or more important! Guess I need more dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good job! I try and work out M-F since I am home with the baby. Some days it just doesn't happen though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jen @ The Halfway HomemakerNovember 20, 2014 at 5:14 AM

    Good for you! I am on a fitness journey of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Her words are so true. It is sacrificing what you want now for what you want most.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very true, you should just know its gonna suck but its gonna pay off! However, I like a good burning routine! I need to work out, my body is spaghetti lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been thinking about doing Insanity in the Spring, after recovering from Delivery #2. I have friends who swear by CrossFit...

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks interesting. I am also on this journey for Nov and Dec. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've heard amazing things about insanity, but I live in an apartment and I just never feel like I should do intense workouts upstairs XD I'm personally a gym girl, but it's great that you've kept it up!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3