Image Map

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Making the old, new!












Happy Hump Day!

The week is halfway over! I hope this week has brought you much joy and happiness!

This post is dear to me for a couple reasons. 

First, the trench coat is actually a coat passed down from my grandmother when we was my age! So this coat is from the 1960's! I remember when she first gave it to me, I thought to myself "I will never wear this, but its from my grandma so I have to take it." She took care of it and so did I, and now that I am in my 20's, I have found to love it! 

It's amazing how you can make any old thing new again through TLC and pairing it with something new.

For example, I paired the coat with some of my newer clothes and it made the coat look like I got it to go with the outfit! It definitely doesn't look like its 50 years old!

May sounds cheesy, but that's how it is when we become new in Christ. He takes the old us, the worn out us- & makes us new by pouring in His love, His care, His mercy and living in us! 

I was dead in my transgressions and He made me new. He takes care of me and cleanses me when I become dirty. 

"That even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God's grace that you have been saved!)"- Ephesians 2:5

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"- 2 Corinthians 5:17

Just as my grandma and I made this jacket new by cleaning it, restoring it, and mixing it with our own style, Jesus has cleansed you, restored you and made you new through Christ! Hallelujah!

I hope you have a great day. 

If you are desiring prayer, please email me at alcstyling@gmail.com and I would love to pray for you. Let's get uplifted, together! :)

Also, when leaving comments, please leave your website URL so I can comment back! 

xoxo,

-A

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful words! I love the trench, I have a total weakness for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit. I totally love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like having a precious heirloom! I have a necklace that was given to me after my sweet grandma passed on .. I haven't worn it yet because it is really different. Maybe I will find an outfit one day that could look good with it! Love this jacket on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's cool that the coat is from your grandma. I would have never guessed. I love the color of it. And yes Christ makes all things new! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the jacket! Trenches are always in style :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is amazing, that you Made that coat brand new again! It is a gorgeous trench. Some of my favorite pieces are items that my grandmother passed down to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you- some of the best things I get are from her closet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes they are! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Ashley ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks- I like the color too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats so cool! I feel that often happens when you get things passed down to you. You don't know what you will do with it at first but at a later time you find the perfect idea for it :) Thanks, AIsha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks, Amy! I appreciate your love:)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3