Image Map

Monday, October 13, 2014

L.O.V.E

Happy Monday, Everyone!

How was your weekend? 

I had a great weekend. I start my painting projects which I have been wanting to do for awhile but life has been so busy! I will be posting some of them on the blog this week :)











This weekend I was thinking a lot about the word love.

I have talked about it on my blog before- probably numerous times but the more and more I study the Word and get to know Christ more, I am continuously reminded about how important love is. It is the most important principle and responsibility we are given.

Think about it- if you were to enter every situation with love, wanting to understand- a lot of situations would probably end up a lot different than they currently do. 

It may not change the total outcome, but it can definitely change the direction of where the situation is going.

If you look at what love is:
Kind
Hopeful
Protecting
Trusting
Uplifting
Enduring
Forgiving
Understanding
Truthful
Never Failing

Can we say that we enter every situation or relationship with these things always being top of mind? 

I can definitely admit no to that. I sometimes need to be right or get my way to be okay with something. But if I were to look at love, I would instead want to understand and be forgiving instead of wanting it to be my way. 

"Above all, love each other deeply because love covers over a multitude of sins." 1 peter 4:8

I often think about how forgiving God is. I can literally say "I repent, Lord" and my sins are cast out of God's memory into the depths of the ocean (Micah 7:19; Hebrews 8:12)

Then I think about how hard it is sometimes for me to forgive something that really hurt me. God sent Jesus to die on the cross for us- His beloved son. He died and hurt for my wrongs. 

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.  We love because he first loved us." 1 John 4:18-19

So, it becomes a duty of mine to forgive- even if it doesn't feel good. To love them like I want to be loved- and how I would want to be treated. 

When we choose love, it opens up doors to so many other great qualities,. qualities of Jesus. Giving, happiness, peace, faithful, kind, understanding, humble, compassionate. 

There is no wrong in love. That's why it is the most important thing.

"But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked." Luke 6:35


Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'  This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Matthew 22:37-39

Love is a principle of God & also the biggest part of who He is. Think about the person in your life that loves you the most- now picture that person loving you any more and x that by a million. That's not even close to how much God loves you. & He showed that through dying for us. That's truly beautiful.

Have a great rest of your day :)

-A

follow me: facebook || twitter || instagram || bloglovin

17 comments:

  1. Love your hat!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! :) And I agree Love is so important, and can be hard to show but its so imperative because it breaks walls and chains off of people that our words cannot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need something animal print for this fall...and your shoes are great! Love for me recently has been just being present to others and others for me...no words necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Sometimes showing up and being there means more than anything.

      Delete
  4. I love the look! Your necklace and shoes make the whole outfit! :)
    -Stephanie
    http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so challenging! I sometimes find it hard to love yet we're asked to 'love DEEPLY!' /love your neutral colour palette and your shoes are fabulous! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is sometimes challenging- I know what you mean :)

      Delete
  6. Love the hat and shoes, we had a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so cute! Love the whole outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving those shoes... I want them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm gonna have to come raid your closet for shoes because I love those! You're too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with love and how it keeps us open to each other but also calls us to great character! Great post!!! Cute fit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Look at those heels - I would never be able to walk in heals like that lol. You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look adorable, and those heels are amazing! So chic!
    http://www.weshopinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look fantastic and I love the heels. Thanks for linking up for Stylish Saturday. xo ~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3