Image Map

Thursday, October 23, 2014

5 Ways to Keep a Positive Attitude + Let Your Light Shine Link Up

 Good Afternoon!

Work has been so busy this week! We are in the heat of tying up loose ends for Q4 (which starts in 9 days!) so it is busy busy busy in the office. It's an awesome time of the year- the most exciting time in retail. It is so exciting to see all your planning and work pay off with sales pouring in.

With busy-ness and planning, there are things that are bound to go wrong. But it's important to always keep a positive attitude.

I am a believer that a positive attitude and mindset brings positive results & outcomes.




So I have outline 5 ways that help me keep a positive attitude, even if things aren't going the way I would like. :)

1] Think on the good things.
When I am upset.. I often will start thinking about the good things in my life or the good things that are happening. For example, I am working on a project at work and I often run into road blocks! I get frustrated but I start thinking about how far I am on the project from where I started, the great opportunity this project will bring, the partners I have in support of this project, etc. It helps keep me grounded that road blocks are to be expected.. but there are good things in every situation.

2] Talk to someone who brightens my day. 
When someone or something is making me upset or bringing negativity, I will often talk to someone who makes me laugh. Often times it will be my sister, but other times its my boyfriend or girlfriends. My sister always knows how to make me laugh on the spot and my boyfriend will tell me how it is, but also encourages me and reminds me who is in charge of everything.. Jesus! :)

3] Listen to happy music.
Have you ever listened to a sad slow song and suddenly feel down or sad or depressed? I do. Like that song "say something (I'm giving up on you).. oh my! That song is so sad! I immediately start being sad LOL. So one thing I do is listen to up beat, positive music. I often will listen to my christian playlist because there are so many great up beat songs that help me put my focus on the one who makes me SO happy. :)

4] Count my blessings.
This may tie into a little of thinking on positive things but when I am having a bad day, I start talking to Jesus and thanking him for every little thing. I will start saying "I am thankful for my shoes, my windows, my roof, my TV, my cat, my bed, my pillow, my friends, my mom, my sister, my church, my finances, my ability to communicate in many ways, God's strength, etc".... you get the point. Every little thing. It immediately reminds me that nothing I am going through is permanent and that there are many things that are positive that can take my attention away from the negative.

5] Hear the Word.
There is nothing like listening to an encouraging sermon. I love working and listening to uplifting speakers that teach me about things that are so important! Some of my favorites are from the Hillsong Conferences. Some of the best preachers get together and speak about fantastic things. It's so uplifting and encouraging. Sometimes, I get so thankful that I start to cry in thankfulness at my desk and forget about any work or life stresses. It's pretty cool stuff. You should check it out!
Here is a great one.



With that,

Let's continue the conversation with

hashtag#YourAttitudeMatters




=========================================================================

Today is Let Your Light Shine Thursday!

You know what time it is, let that beautiful light shine!
Each week we appreciate those of you who come by to share your posts on fashion, beauty, faith, love, and all the in between.

Today we are sharing a post from Robyn at Feel Great Fashion.
We love Robyn's perfect military inspired look,  and Robyn was the most clicked on link last week.
Military Inspired Denim


RULES: 
1. Link up your favorite post this week - It can be related to faith, fashion, food, family, or whatever else you would like to share that helped you shine your light from the week!
Don't worry if you don't have a blog to link up - just leave a comment with how you let your light shine this week!

2. Follow I'm Perfectly Human & Made with Zeal on Bloglovin, or any other social media outlet (FB, Twitter, Instagram, or GFC)

3. Link back by using the button above or your own link.

4. Visit other blogs and meet new blogger friends!

Each week we will be choosing our favorite posts to feature and share with you all! So link up for your chance to be featured!!

Let Your Light Shine Thursdays

Linking up: WIWT, Treasure Tromp, Week's End


- A

Follow me: Facebook || Instagram || Twitter || Pinterest || Bloglovin 


7 comments:

  1. I love Hillsong! One day I want to go to a conference that'd be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to one of their conferences... its like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also a huge believer in thinking positive thoughts! Even if it doesn't change anything, it makes any situation much better honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listening to Happy Music really does help!!! Great advise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great post! Listening to happy music is such a pick me up when I'm in a cranky mood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list, great reminder! I I LOVE these posts about attitude. I would love to have you on my blog series too - deidreemme@gmail.com - email if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3