Image Map

Thursday, October 30, 2014

In Charge Of Your Attitude

Happy Thursday! 

Thanks for joining our Let Your Light Shine Thursday Link Up. In light of our conversation topic this month (#YourAttitudeMatters), I wanted to share with you something that my mom always talked about growing up that has taught me a lot today. 

She always talked about how we are in charge of our attitudes. Her favorite read on attitude was from Charles R. Swindoll who wrote this:

“The longer I love, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church....a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes.” 

My mom always had this handy when she needed it. I admire her for that. Growing up, my mom was a single mom, worked full time, didn't get a lot of help from my dad, etc... and she always kept a positive attitude. She always taught me to keep a positive attitude, react in the best way, and to not worry. It has helped me so much today- I hear her voice in the back of my head when I have a bad attitude sometimes! :) 

There are so many things we want or try to control that in reality, we can't. But there is one thing we can always control: & that's ourselves- which includes our attitude. 

You may have read this post on the formula E+R=O (Event + Reaction= Outcome) and in the post, I talk about how your reaction is the most important piece of the equation because often times its your reaction that gives the ultimate outcome.

So, if someone is making you upset, your wallet got stole, or you didn't get that promotion you were hoping for- remember your reaction and attitude toward each situation can be a big determinate of the outcome. 

Stay positive, my friends!


With that,

Let's continue the conversation with

hashtag #YourAttitudeMatters




=========================================================================

Today is Let Your Light Shine Thursday!

You know what time it is, let that beautiful light shine!
Each week we appreciate those of you who come by to share your posts on fashion, beauty, faith, love, and all the in between.

Today we are sharing a post from Mary at Eat, Drink & Be Mary.
We love Mary's uplifting words of encouragement using 10 verses for women! 



RULES: 
1. Link up your favorite post this week - It can be related to faith, fashion, food, family, or whatever else you would like to share that helped you shine your light from the week!
Don't worry if you don't have a blog to link up - just leave a comment with how you let your light shine this week!

2. Follow I'm Perfectly Human & Made with Zeal on Bloglovin, or any other social media outlet (FB, Twitter, Instagram, or GFC)

3. Link back by using the button above or your own link.

4. Visit other blogs and meet new blogger friends!

Each week we will be choosing our favorite posts to feature and share with you all! So link up for your chance to be featured!!

Let Your Light Shine Thursdays

Linking up: WIWT, Treasure Tromp, Week's End


- A

Follow me: Facebook || Instagram || Twitter || Pinterest || Bloglovin 

20 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for continuing this link up. I love it and have linked up today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know when I stop by your blog I'll always be inspired. I love it. Thanks for the post and for the linkup...xo!


    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom also has always taught me to have a positive attitude. We are both blessed with great moms. I hope to pass down the same wisdom to my girls. Thanks for sharing the quote from Chuck Swindoll. Great reminder! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO encouraging and important to remember that attitude matters! Thanks for this post Aisha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Yes, our attitude can really affect how things go. If we can stay positive through difficult situations, they don't turn out as bad:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this - it's so true. I really do try to focus on having a good attitude even in the worst of times

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having a good attitude can change EVERYTHING! It makes all the difference in the day to day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so true! Now that I have a little one around I'm trying to be much more conscious of my attitude and how it can affect her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great quote. So true and definitely important to understand attitude is 90% of everything, as my dad always says!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an inspiring quote. My mom too was a single mom and I learned a lot from her about things like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes, your dad does always say that! Love that man :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know what you mean, Janet. I think about that with my nephew a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It truly does! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's key! Thanks, Ashley :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so true, Julie! It's not always the easiest thing to do, but it sure helps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by Kendall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mom's are the best. I am sure you will- I always read your blog and you have such great wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, thanks Whitney! I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for linking up, Kim!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3