Image Map

Friday, October 24, 2014

5 Uplifting Verses to Brighten Your Day










Happy Friday!

One of my favorite days of the week. Usually because its a catch up day at work, I usually can leave a tad early, and then it's the weekend! 

When I am busy, or feel my world is a little of kilter, I find myself seeking the Word more than other times. I thought I would share some of my favorites so you can read them and get uplifted as they uplift me!

Phillipians 4:6-7
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." 

I love this verse because it reminds me that no matter what I need, I can approach God with thanksgiving and praise and He will guard my heart and mind. This verse I hold onto and keep at my desk because whenever I speak that Word back to Jesus, it does not come back void. God has brought me through so many things and brought me out on top and I have become a better person. Thank God for His Word!

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

This verse reminds me I do not have to worry because Jesus has a plan for me and I have an expected end. 


Isaiah 40:31
"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

I have a plaque in my house of this verse because it is sooo good! I love eagles- they fascinate me. & I love this verse. So when I studied this verse, I studied eagles and did you know that at different parts of an eagles life, they go through rejuvenation processes where they will shed their old feathers and at the end of the process they are stronger, rejuvenated, with new wings? It helps them live longer. How amazing! This verse really illuminates that- just like an eagle we will renew our strength.

Ephesians 3:20-21
"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen."

This is one of my all time favorite verses because it says plainly that He can do INFINITELY more than what we might ask or think. Hallelujah! Glory to His name! What an amazing love and blessing!

Romans 8:38-39
"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. "

There are countless verses on God's love that I could put here. I love so many verses. But for when I am struggling with something or feel guilt or worry- this verse reminds me that there is absolutely nothing that can separate me from Christ's love for me. It reminds me to turn to Him rather than away from Him and to continually seek Him, even in times when I am at fault. He is truly so amazing!

I hope these verses have helped uplift your day as they do mine. I hope you have a great weekend! 

-A

follow me: facebook || twitter || instagram || bloglovin


9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful words of encouragement! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No prob! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Jeremiah 29:11. One of my favorite verses! I find great contentment in knowing the Lord has a plan for me and my family!

    What a great list of verses as we enter the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a great verse!


    Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and you look fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great verses! Cute OOTD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeremiah 29:11 is definitely one of my favorites, I am so glad for Gods word. Cute outfit, love the heels. God Bless, Rachel http://Garaytreasures.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3