Image Map

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Today for Thankful Thursday, I wanted to share with a testimony that I have regarding something that means a lot to me- & that I am thankful for!

6 months ago, I started at my dream job. I was on track to being what I always wanted to be- which is a buyer. I knew going into my new role that it wasn't going to be easy, but I remained confident anyway.

Well, about a couple months into my job, I started feeling nervous going to work and almost dreading it. That was because I felt my leader was giving me a lot of negative feedback rather than good. I felt that they were looking for me to fail rather than helping with my success. I began asking other people to give me feedback on my job and I always heard great feedback from them- but I found myself being to concerned about what this person thought rather than what other people actually saw and what I saw in myself. 

I was working hard, but I was wearing myself out
 I was only doing it to shine to this one person, which was draining me of any good feelings I had. I was full of worry rather than motivation and determination.



One night, I was praying to God that he place me somewhere else in my job in a different area because I didn't like the strained feeling I was having. I was also asking God to help me be the best I can be in my position no matter what the circumstances and help remind me that no weapon formed against me shall prosper. If that person was really out for me to fail, they were not going to succeed ( Isaiah 54:17) because I am a child of the One True King. 

I started looking at the situation through eyes of faith rather than natural sight.
 I suddenly would be getting all these ideas that I hadn't thought of before on how I could shine to everyone and make a difference on my team. & I got great responses from everyone around me. Not so much that one person, but I knew I was making a difference even they could see.



I started gaining my confidence back because I was trusting Jesus
I knew He put me in my job for a reason. I started working as though I was working for God and doing things that were pleasing to Him, rather than working for my leader who made me feel inadequate.

Just last week, I found out that I was going to be officially placed at my job in a different area with new leadership. It made me realize that sometimes God will make us go through things that help us learn and help us grow our faith. That was definitely a test of faith and I am more thankful now than I would have been if it happened any earlier. My new team is awesome (so was my last) and I am so thankful to God on how He always delivers.

There's a saying I heard at church this Sunday:

"God may not always come when you want Him, but He is ALWAYS on time!"

I am thankful for Jesus and everyone around me who helped keep me strong and helped encourage me.

I live such a beautiful and abundant life because of HIM! 

What are you thankful for??



xoxo,

-A


11 comments:

  1. I went through a similar time in my last position and that was what God told me to do. Just to do good because it's pleasing to Him. and That helped me tremendously! Glad that things are working out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this was touching. I really have no words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He is so good :) He truly leaves people speechless!

      Delete
  3. I love this, trusting in the Lord is always the way to go. He will never fail you :) Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He never will! That is why it is a no brainer to trust Him always ;) Thanks for the link up!

      Delete
  4. Love, love, love this! Sometimes it's hard to wait on God's timing but there's always a reason behind it :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written! Dependence on God is truly the best way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful testimony! Thank you for sharing with us!! And thanks for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3