Image Map

Saturday, January 25, 2014

One Word New Year

Happy Saturday Everyone!

I felt that this day would never come. Being in a new role at Target, it has been a little overwhelming getting everything situated and learning a new business.

That being said, I am so happy it is Saturday! I am starting off my day with an insanity workout and then meeting with a friend to do hot yoga... I love hot yoga. It's one of my favorite new things :)

I may be a little late on this but I have been thinking about what I want for my new years resolution since the new years started (LOL).

I didn't want a typical, lose 20 lbs., don't eat junk food, be nicer to people kind of resolution. I wanted something that would be easy to apply to my everyday life.

 That is when I thought about a One Word New Year. 

Instead of focusing on different things, I wanted to focus on applying one word to my life everyday.

I decided that my word would be:

I decided about a week and a half ago to make this my word because it is what Jesus calls us to do everyday. In the world we live in, though, filled with negativity and anger, it is sometimes more difficult for some to focus on the good things and focus on love above else- including myself.

I do not just want to focus on what I feel love is, but what Jesus says love is. 

I am thankful everyday for God's love towards us. He loves us just as the above scripture says- because He is One with His Word. So if you ever doubt God's love- you can turn to this scripture and remember God loves you, is patient with you, does not delight in our evil but rejoices with the truth, He keeps no records of wrongs, He is kind.

 I could keep going on how much He loves us- but because He loves us SO much, I want to remember to love as He does each and everyday.

Because with love comes so many other things: understanding, patience, positivity, kindness, etc... the list goes on.

When we choose to love each other and put love in front of our other feelings, it can do wondrous things. The last week, when I have tried to take a loving approach in conversations with loved ones instead of being focused on getting my point across or being right, it has made a world of a difference. Not just for the conversation, but to both people. & its because I just continued to focus on the one word and the the definition behind it. 

Jesus calls us to be like him- so my goal this year is to love like Him. 

So far its been great. I have still set other goals for myself this year but this has been the main one. Anytime I am having trouble, I just think about my one word and it helps me remember what I am trying to accomplish. I have told a couple people about my new years resolution, and how with this one word resolution, I want everyday to be a new day, as if any negativity from the previous day is washed away- from people and from things- because that will ensure that everyday, I wake up with love in my heart.

What is your One Word for this year? Is there anything that comes to mind?

You should try this! & see what it does for your daily life!

Have a good day everyone,
-A

3 comments:

  1. I had read about choosing a word over in another blog and was considering it also! It is so powerful! I LOVE the word you chose. Love will last you a lifetime and will make the most change in your life and in the life of others. I am inspired :)
    Oh and hot yoga!! I want to try it so bad. I don't know any area around my way that offers it, but I've been so inclined to try it!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3