Image Map

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Journey to Restoration

Happy Hump Day, Lovelies!

Woofta, it seems like I haven't blogged in forever. Well, it HAS been almost a week! A lot has been going on! I have spent that last week just kind of taking a break from some things to enjoy time to myself as well as spend some time with loved ones. It was a nice change of pace.

Lately, I have been wanting to start getting back into shape and eating healthy but it is very much easier said than done. 

I have been spending more time learning about all the things I can do to honor God and then I realized from reading scripture and doing my devotional that eating right and not committing gluttony or over indulgence of any kind is a form of honoring God.

So, I simply prayed about it. I asked God to help me get motivated to get back into shape because our bodies are not our own- but His! & I want it to be a happy and HEALTHY place for Him to dwell.

I love this scripture because it not only tells us that the Holy Spirit indeed dwells in us, but it helps us understand why we keeping ourselves healthy and pure is so important- its because we were bought at such a price- Jesus gave His life for us so we could have everlasting life. How beautiful!

With Jesus's help, I started feeling motivated to workout again, and He reminded me of workouts I really loved to do.

So I started doing the workout Insanity again through Team Beach Body. I had done it last year- & I lose 12 pounds! I forgot how much I enjoyed it until I started it again this week.
I also started doing Hot Yoga. I never knew how much I would love it until I tried it out with some of my girlfriends. I started on Saturday and my abs are still SO sore! 

I also started having smaller meals and only eating until satisfied. I also decided to cut out sugars because that is one thing that keeps me bloated!

So far, I have lost 4 lbs in 1.5 weeks! Just from working out and eating right- & only eating what i need.

It feels great and I am happy to know I am honoring God even just a little more- but I also have been learning to honor and please God in other ways as well. Here is a scripture I studied that I love.


This scripture is not only referring to a woman's physical strength, but it is also referring to the Lord as her strength. When you dress yourself with the Holy Spirit each and everyday (and the armor of God) you will be given strength. (Reference how she dresses herself with strength)

Proverbs 31 is talking about a excellent and virtuous woman and wife. If you read all of proverbs 31, it is a woman who is of strong character, great wisdom, many skills, and great compassion. She is an excellent and strong woman because she takes what she is given and does good with it. Her strength and dignity do not come from her amazing achievements, however, but they are a result of her reverence for God. 

In our society where physical appearance counts so much, 
it may surprise us to realize that her appearance is not mentioned (except if you count the one above). Her attractiveness comes entirely of character.

Some of her qualities: hard worker, fearing of God, respectful of her spouse, foreseeing, encouraging, caring for others, concerned for the poor, wisdom in handling money, and even more.

All in all, God continues to show us that we should do all things to honor Him, because when you fear Him and live your life to glorify Him- there are many benefits. 

So whether it is to become stronger on the inside or the outside or both- when you do it for God- it is not only so much more rewarding, but there are many benefits- spiritually, physically & mentally! 

I always say "Honor before Increase!" 

So if you are like me and have a hard time getting motivated, think about it as if you are doing it to honor and please God to get a little extra push inside of you :)

Have a good one!





3 comments:

  1. This is great! I have never thought about how what I eat and how I exercise is a way of pleasing or glorifying God. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your attitude toward working out. I'm on board!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tell me more about this hot yoga you go to!
    none of my mom friends (or friends period!) do anything like this!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3