Image Map

Monday, March 30, 2015

Homemade Alfredo with Ground Turkey and Zucchini Noodles


Happy Monday! 

As some of you saw from my social media yesterday, I made some yummy homemade zucchini alfredo- grain free! It turned out amazing! 

It isn't paleo- but I am working on a recipe for paleo alfredo because I have tried different recipes and they haven't been my favorite. So more to come for paleo alfredo!

Even though this recipe is not paleo, it is grain free and has all natural, non-processed ingredients! Better yet, it is super simple to make!

Ingredients:
Protein of choice (I used ground turkey from Whole Foods. Go for free range, organic, all natural, grass fed meat if possible- it is less processed!)
1 zucchini squash
heavy whipping cream
1 block of parmesan cheese
1/2 stick of butter organic unsalted

*You will need a spiralizer for the zucchini

Serves: 2-3 
Preparation:

1. Shred the chicken or place the ground turkey in a skillet on medium high. I typically mix garlic powder, sea salt and no salt/all natural herb seasoning.
2. While the meat is cooking, place 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream and 1/2 stick of butter in a saucepan. Keep in on low so the cream (&cheese wont burn)
3. Shred the parmesan cheese and stir in the cream/butter mix. Add to taste. I love cheese so I make mine really cheesy :)
4. Once the meat is almost cooked fully, in a separate pot, bring water to boil. Once it is boiled, add spiralized zucchini. Let cook for 5 minutes.
5. After zucchini is softened, dump the zucchini in a strainer (zucchini holds water so I recommend keeping it in the strainer for a couple minutes)
6. Add zucchini to place, add cooked meat and alfredo on top! I will ad a bit more cheese and some cilantro (it adds such good flavor!)
7. Enjoy!

Although the alfredo is fatty- remember that fat is essential for your body to run at full capacity. Furthermore, studies show that saturated fat can actually be good for you so don't be scared that you may ruin your diet with having the meal once in awhile. 

Leftovers? Make zucchini spaghetti with all natural tomato sauce tomorrow! :)

I hope you love it!

Aisha

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I'll have to try it once I can get a spiralizer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to try zucchini noodles- they look SO delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3