Image Map

Friday, March 20, 2015

Dear Jesus



Dear Jesus,

When I thought about writing this letter to You, I felt in my heart I had so much to say. But as I start this letter, I realize I cannot put all that is in my heart for You in writing. There are not enough words to ever describe how much I love and appreciate You, how I feel so unbelievably blessed to know You and how fortunate I feel that I get to spend even a moments time in Your Presence. Everyday with You is new and I love waking up with You being the first thing on my mind. At times, I feel You so close as if You were in flesh right next to me, but even better, I know you are living inside me. It never gets old how magical that is. That I can be in perfect unity with my Creator who is perfect even though I feel so imperfect most of the time. Everyday I think about Your marvelous love and sacrifice and it humbles me. You have showed me so much mercy that I cannot even fathom it sometimes. You have given me so much grace that is so abounding its overwhelming. & your love... is like nothing I have ever experienced before. Your love, Jesus, keeps me breathing. It keeps me going. It saves me. When I was so lost in guilt and shame, You reached out to me with Your loving hand and helped me up. I felt so broken, so sad, so alone and when no one was there, You were. When no one knew my pain, You did. & You took it from me. You took my pain as your own and exchanged it with forgiveness, love and freedom.  How can I ever repay you? How could I ever experience that and continue to live as I was? To continue to live a life without You? It wasn't an option. You were the only One there who held me and told me all will be okay. The only one who knew how to comfort me in such an awful situation. Who took me for what I was and loved me unconditionally. You brought me to a better place than I had ever been. I didn't deserve it, I couldn't believe all the things you promised me after all the horrible things I had done. How in the midst of my sin, You came to me and showered me with Your love so strong it was like a crashing wave. You overwhelmed me with Your promises all while I had nothing to offer you. That was the day I realized my life would never be the same. & it hasn't. You have changed everything Jesus. You took a wretch like me and made something beautiful out of my life. I look around on a daily basis and get overwhelmed by all you have given me. I see days only getting better and better. & it's all You, Jesus.

 I desire You everyday, every second, every breath. My heart cries out for more while still coming into realization that such a love is true. I catch myself asking "How can it be?", that such a love is real. That I am worthy of love despite my sin and unworthiness. How because of what You have done, You see me as blameless. How I have done nothing and You have done everything- & call me Your child. I cry tears of joy just thinking about it. & how no matter what, Your love for me never changes. Nothing can come between us. I am so thankful for that. I am so honored and privileged. When I think about those things and all you have done for me, nothing else matters. The world seems to fade away, all the things I fuss over all of sudden go away with the wind. Only peace covers over me when I think of You. You are my peace. You are my all- consuming fire. My secret place. In Your presence I am changed. 

I couldn't imagine my life without you, Jesus. My one desire is to know more of You. You have my heart. You are the love of my life. 

You have changed my desires, Lord. My one desire is to know more and more of You all my life. I want to be guided by you with every step I take.

You are truly my best friend. & so much more than that. 

I wanted to write you to say thank you and I love you, too.

I pray that everyone will get to experience Your wondrous love.

"Who lifts the poor and heals the blind
Who trampled death for all mankind
Who stands for all with arms stretched wide
My King forever Jesus Christ"

Your daughter,
Aisha

10 comments:

  1. Aww, love this Aisha! Brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a meaningful journal entry for life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful and meaningful words! I agree...it is hard to write down our feelings for the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your heart with us. Your humility and love show a heart like Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You clearly have a deep bond with Christ and that is awesome. Congrats on being fearless in showing it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thankful I have a few relationship with Christ. It breaks my heart that some refuse him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! It is so life changing in a positive way to have that relationship with the Lord. Amazing and heart felt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful! You are such a gifted writer. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3