Image Map

Monday, March 2, 2015

#GrainFreeLife: Week 1 Check In

Happy Monday, Loves! 

How are you?!! 

I hope all of your weekends were good.. no, great!

I want to thank you guys for all the encouraging words and support as I try this new adventure in going grain free. I have been reading so many of your stories as well as challenges and I just thank you for opening up to me! I really appreciate it. It definitely helps me keep going!

Before I give you an update, I want to show you my new hair! I dyed it Friday night and got my hair restyled and I love how it turned out. What do you think?


It is a chocolate brown but has a hint of warmth with some red. I am so happy with it!


ANYWAY! I am so excited to share with you how my first week of going grain free went!

So I started on Sunday of last week. I will begin saying this- it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. But I didn't realize how many grains were in my diet until I totally cut them out! Wow! I was eating so many grains!! 

The first three days were the most difficult. I definitely was craving breads and sugars so much! I also was very tired. I sometimes caught myself closing my eyes at my desk (oops!) but after the third day, I felt so energized, less bloated, and my skin cleared up! Amazing- am I right?!

The best part is- I lost over 3 lbs week 1! I know many of you said you lose weight fast and consistently and I was so surprised to see weight drop like that. Especially since I hardly worked out last week! I worked out Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. I did Zumba on Monday, Yoga on Wednesday and weight lifting (legs) on Saturday. 

This week I have workouts everyday. Hopefully that will help kick-start some more weight-loss this week. I haven't measured where I am from the beginning. I probably am going to wait to do that. 

The key thing that has really helped me stay strict with my eating?

Pre-packing my food! I mentioned that in my first blog post about going grain free but man, it helped so much because all my meals were already pre-packed ready to go for whenever I was hungry! & I always kept almonds close by if I was extra hungry one day.

I am so excited to continue on this journey! Thank you to all my weight-loss warriors for all the support and encouragement! You guys are such a blessing!


The other great part of this all- I got my sister and mom on board! This is going to be so fun doing it with family :)

What weightloss tips and tricks have worked for you!? 

I would love to hear them :)

xoxo,
Aisha

4 comments:

  1. I have noticed how less bloated I am also and it makes me feel so much better! It is surprising how much we eat without realizing it so the beginning stages can be frustrating. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki @ www.MBAsahm.comMarch 2, 2015 at 1:20 PM

    That is so exciting!!! And it's such a brilliant idea to pre-pack everything. That is definitely the hardest part of dieting in my mind - when you just get too tired to make something healthy or you're so hungry you'll eat anything! My best advice is to stick to the exercising...even if you feel like you don't want to, just put your workout clothes on...99% of the time thats enough to motivate you! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I've tried grain free and found the first few days very hard too! Good luck on your journey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I am way behind on blog reading but I love this idea and I can't wait to see what results you end up with. I may have to join you! Your hair looks amazing, you are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3