Image Map

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Perfect Parent






I hope you all had a beautiful weekend! I did! I was able to sleep in, see good friends, celebrate life and get some prayer time in.

Jesus put on my heart to re-share something I put on my blog a long time ago when I was first starting out. It's something that has really helped me grow a close and intimate relationship with God.

I, like many, had struggled with thinking God was angry with me and wanted to punish me when I did bad things. But one day or night (I can't remember now!) The Lord spoke to me about how He is my Perfect Parent.

As human beings, we all have flaws and faults. Parents don't always make the best parenting decisions and kids sometimes make bad choices. But with God, our Father, there is no fault and He has created the perfect plan for each of His children. And with that perfect plan is perfect love for each one of us.

When He was teaching me about this, He asked me "what would your idea of a perfect parent do if you made a mistake, say, disobeyed and snuck out of your house to go to a party? What would they do if you came clean."

Of course my rebellious self wanted to say "well, they wouldn't have that rule (LOL) but if I were to be completely honest, my perfect parent would forgive me. Their anger would not last long. They would turn it into a situation to teach me. They would encourage me to make better decisions."

Then He went on to tell me that if a human parent that loves their child is capable of all of those things, He is capable of far greater. He went on to teach me that He is not only the creator of love, He is love. Every show of love we see comes from Him. 

So when we mess up, He is still love and He still loves us. He is waiting for us to come to Him so He can give us more of His love. He can take any mistake, any failure, any bad part of us and make good out of it. Isn't that beautiful?!

Although, as a child of a perfect parent, it is still hard for me to sometimes "come clean" to God (although He already knows all the things I'll ever do and has already forgiven me) or accept such a magnificent love. But Jesus continues to whisper in my ear the reminder that He is my perfect, loving parent, who will love me always, no matter what.

It sometimes hard to fathom such a beautiful being, perfect love, magnificent soul. But it exists and His name is Jesus.

I am so thankful to have a Father that loves me unconditionally! 

I hope that helped you like it has helped me draw closer to our loving Savior. If you are like me (& many) and struggle to sometimes understand such an awesome love, I would love to pray for you and your journey!

I hope you have a blessed week!
Xoxo,
Aish

8 comments:

  1. The love of the Father is so profound that it truly is hard to comprehend, but by faith, I accept it with my whole heart. I don't deserve His love yet He knows and loves me no matter. Thank you. Visiting from R & R today.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is comforting to know you have continuous love and support, from a heavenly father or earthly parents. Very nice.


    -Krysta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alana @ihaveaFutureandaHopeFebruary 11, 2015 at 4:56 PM

    I am so thankful that He loves my mess! It so so hard to remember sometimes how great HIs love for us is, but He is the perfect example for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful reminder of Gods faithful love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the reminder! It's amazing how much I have come to appreciate my Father in Heaven since becoming a parent myself. I know that when I make mistakes, I can turn to Him and He helps me to be better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! God is our perfect parent! It is hard for me to come clean too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful revelation! It is nice to remember that others aren't perfect beings and that we can't fault them (or ourselves)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3