Image Map

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Perfectly Imperfect


I am a daughter.
A sister.
A friend.
A believer.
A worker.
A perfectionist.
A woman. 
A sinner.


I can be selfish.
Angry.
Controlling.
Fanatic.
Depressed.
Doubtful.
Skeptical.
Complicated.

But...
 I try my best.
Evaluate my mistakes.
Continue to be better.
Am here to help.
Am genuine.
Hold myself to a higher standard.

And Continue...
To seek understanding.
Challenge myself.
Love first.
Forgive.
To put God first.

Always.

I am a daughter of a King that has no faults and accepts all of my flaws and shortcomings. Who brings out who He made me to be and corrects the things that He didn't make me to be. 

I am unaccepted by others. He accepts me.
I am judged. He redeems me.
I am a sinner. He forgives me. 
I am a wretch. He saved me.
I am a mess. He restores me.
I was dead. He gave me life.
I was unrighteous. He made me righteous.

I am perfectly imperfect.

But I am His.

And that is good enough.

-A











24 comments:

  1. Love this! Even though we have our imperfections, we are still loved and made whole :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So important to embrace our imperfections (as we continually strive to be better versions of ourselves!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always try to be your best! Wear that smile - and it will definitely brighten someone's day :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful and so true!! Thanks for sharing from your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so beautiful! I needed to read those words right now-thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. TRUTH!!!!! A lovely reminder of what we all need to focus on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes - we are so lucky to have a forgiving Father who loves us and still wants us even with our sin and faults!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for reading Kelly, I am glad it could help :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO important!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We sure are :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Succinctly and beautifully said.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a beautiful piece! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can you tell that I am stalking your blog today? Lol. You are amazing and so self-aware! I love that you are so honest and raw. Very relatable.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3