Image Map

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Weight Loss Journey 2

Happy Tuesday Everyone! 

I just wanted to write about something quick that I am really excited about!

We all have times that we are super motivated to work out and get fit and then other times when we are straight lazy and just want a burger. 

Well, I found myself yo-yo-ing all the time because I would get sick of the current workouts I was doing and would go on extreme diet and it would get to be too much.

I lost weight, but I would just gain it back after I let myself fall off again.

So this time, I decided to take a different approach. 

Instead of going for a super intense workout ( I was doing insanity before), I decided to do something hard, but not AS hard. 

I went with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.


I honestly went in with no expectations but to get a workout in each day to start living a healthier lifestyle. Another thing I did differently this time is I decided not to put myself on a strict diet. I want to focus on moderation. So- if I really feel like ice cream after dinner- then I put in in a small side dish instead of an actual bowl. I was putting in a 1/3 of what I was in the bowl. That in itself amazed me at how big my eyes were compared to my stomach because after eating less that the serving size of ice cream, I was satisfied. So that is my new focus- moderation. If I feel like eating something, I will. I will just do it in small portions. 

Well  I lost an inch around my waist.... in the first week! Definitely wasn't expecting that. I have felt a lot more energy and less bloated but I try to avoid the scale because it seriously begins to haunt me! But seeing even that little bit of weight loss gives me motivation to keep going.

Mirror selfie! LOL 1 inch down around waist

I am almost done with my second week now and then will be moving on to the next level of 30 Day Shred-- my friends say I am going to feel like dying. But that's okay, I have Julian to push me :) I am going to post this update every Tuesday to help keep myself accountable. I am counting on you guys to help me! :) :)




Have a good Tuesday! 

Aisha

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! You are doing a fantastic job! Truly amazing. Keep with it and you will definitely see some results!

    http://soldoutarenas.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I've tried the 30-day shred like 4 times, but I never stick with it past level 2... I get so bored, ugh! You seem way more dedicated and determined than I ever was, so I'm sure you'll make it through til' the end. Can't wait to see the results! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go girl! That is so awesome, and you look great! I definitely feel like moderation is the key when it comes to food because if you stop eating the things that you love all together you just crave them all the time and end up binging on them, or at least that has been my experience. I'm excited to hear about how the rest of your 30 day shred goes!
    xoxo
    Rachel
    Blonde with a Chanse

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3