Image Map

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Kill Them With Kindness//#WIW Wednesday

Happy Humpday, Ya'll!

IDK about you- but my summer is flying by! I wish it would slow down a bit. Luckily, I have a 4 day weekend this weekend to celebrate the 4th so I will actually get to enjoy some of the weather :)

I sometimes catch myself having a bad attitude, or just being unkind for unknown reasons- "because I am crabby". I would sometimes let someone push my buttons so much I would throw kindness and self control out the window. I would add fuel to the fire instead of find a way to put it out. Have you let this happen?  

Well, I think we all probably have.  Sometimes I have let my frustration get so out of control with someone that I end up saying things I don't mean, I yell, or hold bitterness in my heart.. 


One thing God has showed me is something that has to do with a very common phrase. 

"Kill Them With Kindness"

No- not actually kill them- but God helped put it into perspective that you are killing the situation or the negativity with your kindness. Kindness comes from love- I mean its the first word that is described in the definition of love (1 Corinthians 13:4-7). Love is what truly changes things. 



Then I read about the fruit of the spirit:

"But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law."- Galatians 5:22-23

When you portray yourself as one who bears the fruit of the Spirit, people will not be able to help but see the Spirit within you. Not only that, but the fruit of the Spirit only bears great things- so when you act with the fruit of the Spirit, you too will bear great things. Isn't that amazing?

So I started practicing always showing kindness first. I stayed focused on being the fruit of the Spirit. What amazing results I saw! I started seeking kindness over anger or getting my point across. Not that I always get it right, but I could see how conversations would change, how arguments would simmer, and how I wouldn't want to say things that were nasty- because my focus had changed. It was no longer to "prove" something, but to "be" something- the fruit of the Spirit. 


I saw it's a path that only leads you closer to Christ- & that's what makes it sooo worth it. When you always act on the fruit of the Spirit, you will bear good fruits, that will help you see the beautiful results of God's Word. For me personally, it brought me closer to God because when I saw how His Word was so true in my life, I kept wanting to "kill them with kindness" because I knew the results would be successful. It built my faith in God, my trust in Him, and it ultimately put Him in the middle of every person or situation I encountered. All at the same time being a light and showing the world Christ.

I think it's safe to say God knows what He's doing! :) 


Who knew such a simple phrase could make such a big change. 

It's not always easy. It takes genuine effort to be kind and loving- especially when someone is just pushing your buttons! 

& it's often difficult to practice for everyone-because there are so many different types of people!

Jesus Christ emphasized that we must be kind to everyone, not just our family and friends (Luke 6:31-35). If you do this, “your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For God is kind to [even] the unthankful and evil”


So you heard it- even the Most High is kind to the most unthankful and EVIL. He is perfect and has the right to judge and be angry at all of our wrong deeds- but He chooses to love us and show us kindness. But that is simply why He is all together lovely- because He loves and is kind to everyone! 

So now for me it's not a matter of being kind to get great rewards, it's to please God and to strive to be more like Him.To be in line with His will and purpose. Because He is so wonderful to me when I know I don't deserve this kind of love. 

It's such a blessing we have such an awesome example on how to love, be kind, and live. 

Who knew one word (Kindness) could go SO deep!


Being someone who grew up being an "angry" person, to see where God has brought me from astounds me. & that is why I can't hold back in telling my story on a simple phrase He taught me. How that simple phrase was used for Him to teach me how to block out the anger, negativity, and evil thoughts and instead focus on letting kindness flow out of my heart. I am still learning; I fail - and I will never stop learning, but He has brought me a loooong way and for that I am forever thankful. We truly have a great God!

I hope you guys have a great Wednesday and I hope you link up for Let Your Light Shine Thursday tomorrow!!

xoxo,
Aisha 

3 comments:

  1. Love the top Aisha! You look great in those neutral colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful! Wonderfully written! You truly are an inspiration Aisha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! It really hit home for me when you said you grew up an angry person. I too have grown up as an angry person. I pray to God daily to help me with this. I will strive to practice kindness everyday. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3