Image Map

Monday, July 14, 2014

The Power Series: God's Love Surrounds

Happy Monday Everyone!

I hope everyone had a wonderful, fun-filled, weekend! My nephew turned 2 this weekend! I am so overjoyed to be able to see him grow into such a wonderful little man! Aren't the children in our lives such a blessing? 

The innocence they show, the love they have for people, and the trust they give us in knowing they will be taken care of is truly amazing. It reminds me how God asks us to be with Him- to have child-like faith! Because a child doesn't need to know details in order to "do" things or listen or trust- they just trust and listen (well we would like to think so! LOL)

I was going to write about something totally different today (God has been giving me so much!) but I decided to go more simple today. It came from a movie I watched last night that I LOVE! 

A Walk To Remember
Have you seen it? It is seriously one of the best movies I have seen. LOL some may disagree because it's a love story but it is also a story of faith. & it shows how if you just believe, things can happen for you!

But that is not the point I wanted to make in watching the movie. 
During the movie, Jamie (Mandy Moore) made a statement that got me thinking. She said:
" God's love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it."



It right away got me to say "that's a great analogy of God's love" but then I started thinking about it more and I realized-
 We can see God's love around us everyday. It's a matter if we can see passed the first layer.

For example. One way God shows his love is through the rising sun. 

"..because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven"- Luke 1:78

We can see the sun. But do we just see the sun? Or do we see what the sun symbolizes?

A parent loves their child regardless of what they do. The love is not explainable. Their forgiveness cannot be described. 

Do we just see our parent's love? Or a glimpse God's love for us displayed through our parents? 

Or how about when someone gets you flowers- it's a way to show love, isn't it? & we always think it's so sweet to get flowers from our loved ones. 

There are flowers all around us that bloom all across the earth. Do we just see flowers? Or do we see the gift God gives to us freely for us to enjoy? 

This reminds me of the scripture from Jeremiah 29:13:

"When you seek me, you will find me, when you seek me with all your heart."

We don't have to wait for a miracle to happen to see God- because He is disguising himself in our everyday life through the earth, through the people we encounter, through the things in our life. When you seek Him in your everyday life, you will surely see Him. 



God isn't hiding our love from us, He's all around us showing us His love, mercy and glory!

God uses us to show people his love. We are a vessel for people to not only experience His love, but see His love work through flesh-- something we can see!

"The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing". Zephaniah 3:17

"For I am convinced Nothing can separate us from the love of God." Romans 8:38-39

We may not be able to see every part of God's love, it may be like the wind- only something we can feel- but there is evidence that God's love is all around us- & we can't escape it!

Have a WONDERFUL Day!
-Aisha



Further Reading:

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." - full explanation from Romans 8

But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. Joshua 14:16-17


1 comment:

  1. That verse from Joshua is by far one of my favorites. I have to think of that when I am doing something new or in a situation where I am fearful. Wonderful post!

    http://soldoutarenas.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3