Image Map

Monday, June 9, 2014

The Power Series: Thankfulness


You're never fully dressed without a smile. :)

I hope you all had a great weekend- sorry for the late post! 
I saw Maleficent this weekend and I thought it was really good! I am glad to see that Disney is going away from the traditional prince and princess love and going into deeper messages. It's very refreshing to see- especially that there aren't a lot of movies that come out that teach us life lessons. :)

Today's Power Series is on Thankfulness!

If you don't know what the Power Series is, it is a topic I post once a week ( like here and here) that talks about what the Bible says about it and how to overcome or become better with the particular topic. Overall, its a series to uplift my readers each week with some of the Word! I post The Power Series every Monday! :)

1 Thessalonians 5:18
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

If there is one thing I have learned since giving my life to Christ is that having an attitude of gratitude produces results. What do I mean by results?

Well, when I really put my mind on having a thankful heart, I start focusing on the things God wants me to focus on- rather than everything the world gives everyday. That allows me to increase my faith and peace in Christ rather than give in to negativity of the world.

Thanksgiving breaks the power of the enemy. 

Whenever you give thanks to God, despite the most difficult circumstances, the enemy loses a big battle in your life. When you give thanks in the midst of difficulty, you bring pleasure to God's heart. He is looking for those who live in a realm of praise and thanksgiving where the enemy no longer has an ability to hold or manipulate that person. Satan is defeated when we have a thankful heart because thankfulness during difficulty is a sacrifice pleasing to God.




It also brings contentment. 

Have you ever felt like you NEEDED something that you really didn't? Or you compared yourself to others and thought- why can't I be as skinny as her? Or why can't you be as rich as some other person? 
When you are thankful, and are giving thanks always- no matter what- the things you used to think you needed or the comparison of others will continue to fade away. 

Not to say I don't get tempted and sometimes give into the temptations, but I have come a long way. I no longer care about having the next best clothes or shoes that other people have. And I am content on where I am in my life. I don't care if someone has a better job than me or a better car than me. Because I know God has blessed me abundantly already.

It not only makes you content, but it makes you want to help others and well as be happy for others.

Since I have focused on being thankful, instead of being jealous and envious of others, I am happy for them! I still have certain things to work on, but overall, I am happy when someone is succeeding- because I know God has plans to do more in my life as well- but everyone's paths are different. 

When I see someone that doesn't have much, I feel compelled to give to them because Jesus has given so much to me. 

It brings peace.

When you focus on thankfulness, you start to notice how blessed you really are! So when difficulty arises, you turn your trust to God knowing He always provides and will never forsake you. Knowing that God is there and has control over your life, you will have less time to worry and you will have more peace. 



It all starts with thankfulness! 

It's amazing how thankfulness makes a world of a difference. 

One thing having a mindset of thankfulness has given me is better relationships. For example, when W and I get into it, I try to take a step back and bring to my remembrance all that Jesus has done for me. When I do that and meditate on it, I find that what we may have been arguing about was so small and not worth the energy in the first place. It reminds me that there is just too much to be thankful for to let such stupid, negative things get in the way!

Another thing is does is it helps me continue to bring things to God. If someone does something that is not right towards me, or something is not going right in my mind- I bring it to God. I am able to pray about the situation, or pray for that person- and give it all to Him. It brings more peace for me and makes me more thankful knowing He is transforming my heart and taking control over my life.

I hope this helps you in something that may be going on in your life. Remember, there is always something to be thankful for! 

xoxo,
A


2 comments:

  1. Love the keep smiling adage- so positive and happy! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3