Image Map

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

One Step At A Time

Happy Hump Day Everyone! 

Hope everyone is having a prosperous week. Things are smooth here at work (for once!) so I am getting more time to work on small tasks that often get pushed to they wayside. 

Have you ever heard the some "One Step At A Time" by Jordin Sparks?

I haven't heard the song in awhile but a couple days ago I had the song stuck in my head. I was singing "Take one step at a time, there's no need to rush- it's like learning to fly, or falling in love...It's gonna happen when it's supposed to happened we find the reasons why, one step at a time."

I was thinking about the lyrics and how they have so much meaning in regards to a walk with Christ

 

Sometimes, I have found myself comparing my relationship with Christ to others. If I felt I was not as far as someone else on my walk with Him, I thought I was doing something wrong, God liked that other person more, or maybe I just wasn't trying hard enough. It was really discouraging! Simply because all that thinking was negative.

But the thing that song reminds me of is that each walk with Christ is unique & different. We make mistakes, we fall back, things happen that we don't understand, and things don't go our way; but it is a journey. A WALK- not a sprint or race. God simply wants us to take one step at a time with Him because when we try to hurry or rush- we are more apt to make a mistake or lose sight of what Christ really wants us to learn during that time.

I have to remind myself that I am not always going to get things right or perfect- but as long as I am striving for the perfection of God- then I am on the right path. 

When we fall short or turn the wrong way, we have Christ to pull us back- every time. All we have to do is go to Christ with our mistake or mess up and He liberally grants us forgiveness and the will to keep going.

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."- Matthew 11:28-30 

Isn't He amazing?! 


Shoes:Aldo

Knowing Christ is about growing in your relationship. Its like dating. When you first meet someone, you learn their likes and dislikes, you learn how to be around them, you learn things about them everyday. And the relationship takes effort from both parties. You often hear in marriages that they are still learning new things about their spouse. The same goes for our Father. 


Earrings: Nordstrom Rack
Bracelet: Charming Charlie

He never forsakes us and He sent His Son to reconcile any loss in our relationship with Him. He gave His blood to reconcile our iniquities and to protect us from any harm or evil. He has promised us SO many things- it makes it easy to trust Him and feel loved by Him.

What an easy, stress free, GLORIOUS relationship to be in! 


Skirt: Windsor

One of the best things is- that He understands our struggles. He knows all things that we are tempted with and often give in to. He knows the desires of the flesh- and He knows He is the way out of fleshly temptations. 

"Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted."- Hebrews 2:18

The more obedient we are to His ways and will- the more He will show us and release to us. He is simply waiting for us to continue making those steps in the right direction- taking steps closer to Him! :)


Shirt: Forever 21

We just have to keep seeking Him, focusing on His will and His ways, and things will be added unto us. It may not be in the time that we want, but it will come. It is all in God's perfect timing. And that is a time that you will undeniably know it's Him. Just keep being obedient and seeking Him and your faith, joy, life- will surely be prosperous. Our gifts will grow and our burdens will be lifted. He promised us! 

" But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you."- Matthew 6:33


"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."- Matthew 7:7

The journey with Christ will always be a journey. A process. Just take one step at a time. I encourage you to ask God what you would like. If you want a certain gift from Him, ask Him that you desire that gift, that you would like to be used by Him for His will. In the meantime, keep seeking Him and being obedient to His ways. How pleasing it is to Him! That He cannot deny His gifts from you. 

He is just that good. 

Have a great day!
-A

8 comments:

  1. Great looking skirt! I love the pencil cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this! Those Matthew verses are two of my favorites. And beautiful pictures - I NEED those shoes, soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! I love those verses too! And those shoes were my MUST have last winter!

      Delete
  3. Cute and great message! Yes, just one step at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those shoes, babe.

    Great message- one step at a time, staying focused, and admitting fault when it occurs are all really helpful and important mantras to keep in mind. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3