Image Map

Thursday, June 26, 2014

My Solid Ground// #LYLS Thursday Link Up


I have had to keep repeating that to myself this week :"I'm Blessed, God is Good."

Do you ever have it that sometimes you feel like you are drowning or that your on unstable ground? 

That has been me this past week. Lately in my life, there has been a lot of changes.

Many are great and wonderful- My relationships with  loved ones have improved drastically, I graduated college, got a great job, bought a house, have grown in my faith and wisdom, etc.. 

There are some things that I have adjusted to that have been hard for me. Having new expenses that I have never had has been a big adjustment for me; making me feel uneasy about finances. I have so many things going on and I never seem to be able to catch up- I never realized how big of a responsibility a house would be- but I am learning fast (it makes me grateful for how my mom took care of everything when we were kids!).  These things can often try to make me feel I am not standing on solid ground in my life.

Some struggles I have dealt with is with friendships. Some friendships have faded since I decided to change my life and also ever since I started working. It's been hard for me because some of them I have been in for years- but because of our lifestyle differences, the friendships have faded. My mom ( God bless her) warned me this would happen when these life changes started to occur, but how can you really get ready to lose friends you love, and you thought loved you? It's left me feeling empty. I found myself questioning who I was this week. Is it me? I asked myself more than a few times I will admit. I started going down the list of things that maybe they didn't like about me. 

With all things going on in my life- I had to remember one thing. None of these things are going to determine if I am on solid ground. That is not where my hope lies. I had to remind myself that my solid ground is in God.  He showed me how far I have come and how much progress I have made. He told me to take away all the things that make me feel certain ways and just think about me for who I am. Am I happy with myself? Yes. Am I happy with the life path I am choosing? So happy. Do I trust Him in all things? My automatic response wanted to be yes... but He reminded me that if I trusted Him- why am I doubting my finances, friendships, and who I am? 

Then when I was on the phone with my mom, she reminded me that all things work out for the good of those who love the Lord- reminding me that even though some things may change that hurt, in the end, everything will be good- and I will see Him in everything. That immediately got me excited. It reminded me that no matter what it looks like, God is always there guiding my path. And yes, he may take certain people out, but He will put new people in. He may let me go through things, but He knows it will help me gain wisdom and understanding. 

Isn't it amazing how by just simply changing your perspective how things can go from bad to good? I am thankful because it puts my trust right back with Jesus. & no matter what- I know I have a provider, protector and friend in Him. He is my solid ground.

Who am I? I ask myself again. I am His.





Let Your Light Shine Thursdays!
Thanks so much for all of you that linked up last week!
Me and Jena loved seeing all of your posts!

Our favorite from last week's link-up was Natasha from Acquainted Joy



Natasha's post on the love she has for her family, here, reminded me of mine and how great having close ones family or friends can be so important to helping push you into being who you are! 

Thanks again for all of you who participated! Now it's time to link up again :)

RULES: 
1. Link up your favorite post this week - It can be related to faith, fashion, food, family, or whatever else you would like to share that helped you shine your light from the week!

Don't worry if you don't have a blog to link up - just leave a comment with how you let your light shine this week!

2. Follow I'm Perfectly Human & True Soul & Spirit on Bloglovin, or any other social media outlet (FB, Twitter, Instagram, or GFC)

3. Link back by using the button above or your own link.

4. Visit other blogs and meet new blogger friends!

Each week we will be choosing our favorite posts to feature and share with you all!

Let Your Light Shine Thursdays
xoxo,
A

Follow me: Facebook || Instagram || Twitter || Pinterest || Bloglovin 

2 comments:

  1. A very sweet and diefferent post ...thx for sharing <3

    www.theeche.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with this daily. I don't talk about my faith like I should because I struggle with the judgment. Very encouraging post. If we only lived closer to one another.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3