Image Map

Thursday, April 17, 2014

My Big News!//Let Your Light Shine Thursday

Happy Thursday (Almost Friday) Everyone!

I mentioned earlier this week that I had some big news to reveal so I thought today would be a good day.



It is official, 

I am going to be a homeowner!



I put an offer on a town home I love found out last week my offer was accepted. I close next week! 

I never though I would be 23 and becoming a homeowner. 
At first I was nervous and seeking people's advice on what to do, but I remembered one thing, one scripture.

"According to your faith let it be done unto you." 

I had to remember that I felt God was calling me to buy a house instead of rent. And regardless of my feelings and other people's opinions, it was about believing in God and having faith that I was making the right step.

It wasn't until I put my faith into action that I started seeing things fall into place. You see, before I decided to make an offer, I kept doing different budgets and they all turned out different, making me nervous that maybe buying a home isn't the best thing for me. I couldn't find a roommate, I was nervous about how much everything would cost, etc.

I prayed to God to put obstacles in my path if it weren't the path for me and to have the offer be denied if it weren't the place for me. Well every place I had seen had multiple offers on them except this one. & I loved this place the most. It was odd, right? Maybe. But to not rush things or do things "my way" I waited about a week to put in an offer, but it was like this place was waiting for me. I kept hesitating to put in an offer but when I finally did, the seller accepted my bid, everything is going smoothly, I have potential roommates, and my finances are in order. 

It's almost like God was just waiting for me to act on my faith to show me that everything was going to be in good hands-- His hands! 

I always remember this scripture,too:


Jesus wants to do beyond all we could ask or think, but it's according to the power that works within us. Our power is our faith in and through the Holy Spirit! I have to remember that no matter what life brings me, I have a Savior that wants to give me all I could ever imagine. Now that's a God I am honored to serve!

Do you have a testimony of how God is working things out in your life? I would love to hear them! Please comment below and share your story :)



Today is 
Let Your Light Shine Thursdays!

Thanks so much for all of you that linked up last week!
Me and Jena over at I'm Perfectly Human loved seeing all of your posts!

Our favorite from last week's link-up was from Lindsey @ High Heels & Training Wheels
and her DIY post on trying a honey based "No Poo" Shampoo :)


Thanks again for all of you who participated! Now it's time to link up again :)

RULES: 
1. Link up your favorite post this week - It can be related to faith, fashion, food, family, or whatever else you would like to share that helped you shine your light from the week!

Don't worry if you don't have a blog to link up - just leave a comment with how you let your light shine this week!


2. Follow I'm Perfectly Human & True Soul & Spirit on Bloglovin, or any other social media outlet (FB, Twitter, Instagram, or GFC)

3. Link back by using the button above or your own link.

4. Visit other blogs and meet new blogger friends!

Each week we will be choosing our favorite posts to feature and share with you all!

Let Your Light Shine Thursdays

Follow me: Facebook || Instagram || Twitter || Pinterest || Bloglovin 

linking up: Funday MondayCreative MondayMonday BloomStyle Sessions Trend SpinI feel pretty, What I WoreTucker Up, Your Whims Weds,  Totally Posted Tuesday,, Three for ThursdayFav Fashion FridayLook what I gotTre ChicWorking Girl Working Style,*All about youSimply Lulu StyleWeekend Wind DownWeekend Blog HopStylish Saturday, Mix it Mondays, Monday Musthaves,I am Mrs K



1 comment:

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3