Image Map

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Today: Let Your Light Shine Thursday Link Up



Today.

I woke up feeling like it was just another day. Another day to get up and do the regular routine: Get ready, go to work, come home, workout, make dinner, go to sleep and repeat. 

But today is so much more than that. It's a new day that I am was blessed with. A new day that my life has been "reset" with new mercies from the Lord. A new day to show new love. A new day to try new things, meet new people. It's a new day to view this world a little differently from the day before. It's a new day to forget about past failures and make way for new opportunity. 

Yes, today is a new day. Today, is a great day. 

I got up, spent early time with the Lord, worked out early, came to work early and connected with a co-worker in India who is saying so- long to Thursday. Today I enjoyed 2 eggs for breakfast instead of a protein shake. Today, I made sure to say I love you to my family before their day started so they knew someone was thinking of them. Today, I am not focused on the things that make me feel down but am choosing to focus on the things that make me feel alive.

I am excited for what the rest of the day will bring. 

Today. Yes today, is a beautiful day.

______________________________________________________
Lets welcome today with 

Let Your Light Shine Thursday!

You know what time it is, let that beautiful light shine!
Each week we appreciate those of you who come by to share your posts on fashion, beauty, faith, love, and all the in between.


Today I have a special announcement! We have a new co-host joining Let Your Light Shine! Her name is also Aisha (like mine!). How weird is that?! 

Aisha comes from Rooted in Salt which is such a beautiful blog full of life, love and beautiful testimonies! She is such a wonderful person from the inside out- I feel so blessed to call her a friend and sister in Christ!

She has agreed help take LYLS to a whole new level. I am so excited to re-vamp this link-up. More to come on that!

RULES: 
1. Link up your favorite post this week - It can be related to faith, fashion, food, family, or whatever else you would like to share that helped you shine your light from the week!
Don't worry if you don't have a blog to link up - just leave a comment with how you let your light shine this week!

2. Follow Rooted in Salt & Made with Zeal on Bloglovin, or any other social media outlet (FB, Twitter, Instagram, or GFC)

3. Link back by using the button above or your own link.

4. Visit other blogs and meet new blogger friends!

Each week we will be choosing our favorite posts to feature and share with you all! So link up for your chance to be featured!!


Let Your Light Shine Thursdays

23 comments:

  1. What a great positive message Aisha! Just linked up and heading over to check out (the other) Aisha's blog! Thanks for sharing!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! I love when God leads me to a new blog and that person is a believer such as I. It is so refreshing to feel such positive vibes and energy bursting from your words. Thanks for hosting the link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this.:)
    http://stylediarybyosy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks once again for hosting the link-up. Have a great Thursday and res of the week! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. What a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post, Aisha! Perfect timing for me. Focusing on the good and not the bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post. Great tips and really great reminders. I'm trying to get a morning routine down myself, and spending more time with God always something on my list. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!


    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that God's mercies are new everyday! Another day to serve Him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so grateful for the new mercies God gives us everyday!! <3
    And EEEeeekkk!! I am sooo excited to be part of this! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's the kind of attitude I'd like to wake up with every day. Have a great weekend, Aisha! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! Totally agree, Jamie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by, Whitney! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww I am glad he led you here, Kishina! :) I am going to check out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome! Thanks, Shannon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay, me too! I can't wait to discuss more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Jena!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Cynthia! You, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the attitude of each day as a new day. Not only with God, but other things. As a junior high teacher, I try to instill that mentality into my students...each day is a new day. Try to behave better. Turn in today's homework. Give it your all today.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a great approach to each new day- love it. :)


    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have missed reading your blog. Every time something is bothering me and I read a post from you I start to get a better perspective on things!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3