Image Map

Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Power of Series: Love// Let Your Light Shine Link Up!


Happy Thursday Everyone!

I hope everyone has been out enjoying the weather! It was so beautiful here in MN yesterday.

Last night W and I had our "date night" which consisted of some yummy fish tacos (my favorite) and the basketball game. Since we typically work different schedules, it is nice that we can designate a date night to spend with each other. We attempted to go on a walk after, but we were too full after, LOL!

Instead, we went to grab a drink mix to enjoy and I got myself an ice cream cone.

Something I noticed when we were leaving were my flowers I had bought last weekend.

When I got home yesterday, they were completely withered and looked as though they were dying. At first I thought to myself  "I just bought these!" and wanting to blame the flower shop for not offering good flowers. Then I thought to myself- well- Have I nurtured them, fed them, and showed them the love they need to survive?




The answer was no. So I immediately got water and watered them twice during the time I was cooking to ensure I gave them enough. I put them into the sun a little bit more and then hoped they would come alive again.

Well when we were leaving to go get some things, I noticed they looked way better and didn't look dead and withered anymore! I was amazed at how quickly the flowers bumped back to life!

It reminded me that even the slightest bit of love can change a whole situation or can change an outcome of something. When something/someone isn't properly nourished and given the love it needs to be at their full capacity, it can wear them down and they can become withered- just like the flower.

Seems odd, but that example of the flower shows us how showing love to others can change their day, or even their life. With love, we show people something they may have been missing. It could show them that they deserve love, or even that they need to show more love. Overall, it brings life to people.

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters."

Jesus' ultimate showing of His love for us was that He laid down His life for us so we may have life- and be free from sin.

Jesus showed us what ultimate love was- and we are asked to do the same- because as you can see through that scripture is that love brings life. Life of abundance, hope, joy, happiness... the list goes on! 

So even starting with the smallest showcase of love can make a huge difference.
I thank Jesus for showing me that.

"All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass.
The grass withers, and the flower falls,
  but the word of the Lord remains forever."


Now my flowers are alive and well- they just needed a little love :)




Today is 
Let Your Light Shine Thursdays!

Thanks so much for all of you that linked up last week!
Me and Jena over at I'm Perfectly Human loved seeing all of your posts!

My favorite from last week's link-up was:

Carrie from A Lovely Little Wardrobe
2013 purchase - blue strapless from Old Navy.
She gushes about how much she loves summertime and wearing shorts and summer dress! I am such a fan of dresses because they are simple and make you look put together so easily. Carrie looks great! :)

Thanks again for all of you who participated! Now it's time to link up again :)

RULES: 
1. Link up your favorite post this week - It can be related to faith, fashion, food, family, or whatever else you would like to share that helped you shine your light from the week!

Don't worry if you don't have a blog to link up - just leave a comment with how you let your light shine this week!

2. Follow I'm Perfectly Human & True Soul & Spirit on Bloglovin, or any other social media outlet (FB, Twitter, Instagram, or GFC)

3. Link back by using the button above or your own link.

4. Visit other blogs and meet new blogger friends!

Each week we will be choosing our favorite posts to feature and share with you all!

Let Your Light Shine Thursdays


An InLinkz Link-up

Also Linking Up With Thankful Thursday

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love fish tacos! I'm glad you decided to water your new blooms instead of giving up! It's funny how simple it is to keep plants alive and yet, it's just as simple to accidentally neglect them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm fish tacos are my favorite! And your story about the flowers is so true - it reminds me of a quote I've always loved: "Where you water, you will grow". Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3