Image Map

Friday, May 16, 2014

High 5 on Friday!


You can take a deep breath! The weekend is near! 
& in Minnesota, it's supposed to be a nice one! 

Do you ever listen to music and it reminds your of certain people, things or situations? That happens to me all the time! Here are some songs that I love that remind me of different things.



1] Phil Wickham- This is Amazing Grace. I love this song because it is upbeat and has such a great message. I am so thankful for God's grace and hold on to it and listening to a song that describes His grace always is a good listen for me. This is such a great praise song that often times I keep it on repeat! 



2] Love Take Me Over- Steven Curtis Chapman. I love this song because it is simply such a pick me up. It helps me keep my focus on what is important- & that's God. It reminds me to just ask God to consume me everyday and to receive His love. I listen to this song often times when I am upset at someone or stressed or things aren't going right- because it brings me back to Jesus. When His love takes over, nothing can take me down! 


3] No Matter Where You Are- Us the Duo. This song reminds me of my love, W. We have been together for 9 years almost and have gone through so much! So many changes, ups and downs, and all around- yet here we are, still standing by eachother's side. There is no better feeling than coming home to the one I love after a long day or the feeling I get when I haven't seen him in awhile. We are always picking each other up in times of need and he's the first person I call with anything- and I think I am the same for him.. LOL ;) There is nothing like someone you can be your complete self around- and for me- that's being completely goofy. I love being goofy- and when some don't get my goofiness- he does, and he love me for it. That is a blessing for me. 



4] Get Me Bodied- Beyonce. Now- there are so many Beyonce songs that I love. But this represents a song that me and my girls love to listen to and just jam out to. Whether we are working out or going out or enjoying a nice day- this song comes on and we start jammin. Another up beat song that makes you feel great! There is nothing like friendship :)


5] Be Still- Steffany Frizzel Gretzinger. I wanted to put a worship song up because I love songs that I can worship God to. Songs sometimes can tell God things that we feel we can't explain ourselves. Like our thanks. It is a way to cry out to God and just tell profess your love for Him or tell cry thank you or shout and dance because you are so awed by Him. Atleast that's what these songs do for me sometimes :) 


What song reminds you of some great things in your life?? Share in the comments! 
And don't forget to enter the Urban Decay Giveaway here!

XOXO,
A.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aisha! I love this post! Music is so relevant in my life! It can be so nostalgic! I might have to do a post about this, you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is SO powerful. Mandisa "Overcomer" is a song that stops me in my tracks after my little brothers accident. It's so powerful to me and I knew God sent it to me in a specific moment for a reason :) I adore music for so many reasons!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3