Image Map

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

It's Not Always What It Seems


(Release of breath) I needed this cup of coffee this morning. 

Have you ever felt like you were drowning in so many things in your life? 

The last couple weeks, my work has been making me feel like I am drowning. Deadlines were missed, things keep going wrong, and it seems that nothing is going right. It makes me want to curl up in a ball and not come out of my closet! LOL

Those moments can make us feel like failures, but the oddest thing reminded me that things are not always what they seem. Often times, we think something looks worse than what it actually is- or we lose sight of the good that can come. 

Take a look at the set of pictures below.
 I took these while I was flying home last weekend. Everyone was complaining about the rain we were having at home and I was thinking how much I wasn't looking forward to more rain. But above the rainy clouds, it was beauty- blue skies, the sun and endless pillows of clouds. It was such a great sight. As we descended, it got darker as we entered the clouds and then it was dark and I could see the low-lit earth. All I could keep thinking about, though, was the beauty that was unseen. The beauty in what was to come after the clouds passed through.


That may seem odd, but it reminded me to keep faith in every situation that comes about- whether with relationships, my career, my goals- anything. That things aren't always as bad as they seem, and there are often beauty to come- we just have to get through and weather the storms. It helped me remember one of my favorite scriptures:


No matter what life looks like or what it brings our way, we have a God that leads us beside still waters and green pastures. Who restores our souls. This helps us know that only good is yet to come, that God has great plans for us so there is no sense in worrying about what life LOOKS like- because faith is having confidence in the things unseen- just like having faith that the sun was going to come out- we just couldn't see it. 

I thank God for giving me reminders of His love daily and His plans for my life. It doesn't matter if you caused yourself to walk through the valley of the shadows or if a situation led you there. Either way, our God is there to pull you out and comfort us. What a love we have in Christ, it is beyond any beauty I have seen or experienced. 

So whenever you are going through a rough time, remember the good that is to come- that may be unseen in the moment. & remember that God has GREAT plans for you.

Oh my job?? Everything got worked out and things are looking up again. See?! 

God is Good! 



2 comments:

  1. That is good Aisha. I like the photos from the plane that was a great example :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I SO needed to read this today! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3