Image Map

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Everyday Blessings: Lesson in Love

Hi Everyone! 

Hope everyone had a good rest of their week. 


There has been one specific scripture God has been putting on my heart ALL week. One that each of us has probably heard many times- but yet the importance never changes.


1 Corinthians 13:4-8

God told me this week that the first thing to seeing great change is to continually practice love and also loving and honoring Him first.

As you can see, the first step is working on changing yourself! Not others. 

Now many of us, including myself, misuse the word love as a feeling. But what God was explaining to me this week is that love is actually a choice with actions

He told me to exchange the word Love with my name everyday- sometimes many times a day- & see if I am doing all the things that love calls us to do. If we aren't, we are not showing true love that God teaches us about in the bible and gives us each and everyday. 

When we choose to love- it is showing God that we are putting Him first- because God is love. 

He told me the first step to change, to honor him, to increase our lives is to love ( the first commandment is to love God with all of our souls and might). Which comes with honoring and pleasing him.

But then he also asks us to love our neighbor as ourselves.

And sometimes, I can say that I don't always love everyone. So how can I really expect to see great changes in my life when I don't know how to truly love at all times? 

Well the great thing about that is- we have a God of never ending grace- who will give you and I the wisdom and understanding to grow to fully love everyone- not just who we want to love. All we have to do is ask.. and be willing to move our feet when God guides us.

Thats what I am going to do :)

Here are some study scriptures:

1 Corinthians 13:4-8- definition of love
Deuteronomy 6:5- Love god with all of your heart
Matthew 22:37- Love God with all of your might and mind
Luke 10:27- love your neighbor as yourself
1 Peter 4:8- Love covers a multitude of sins
Romans 13:8-10- love is the fulfilling of the Law
1 John 4:7-16- God is love

I will soon be talking about what God is teaching me about the 4 types of love. Stay tuned!

Have a good Saturday :)









1 comment:

  1. This post really blessed me, especially the idea to exchange my name with "love". It helped me to see some areas in my life that I need to work on. Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3