Image Map

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Walking by Faith

How was your weekend?? The weekend always flies by, doesn't it

Mine sure does.

This weekend was great.. 

I hung out with my sister and nephew, hung out with my dad, saw my girls after not seeing them in awhile and welcomed my favorite aunt in town from Wyoming! A weekend full of many people I love! 




This weekend, something special happened and I have felt compelled to share my story of how God is showing me how walking by faith and not by sight can do wonderful things. Here is my testimony..

My mom and dad have been split up since I was 4, so growing up with separated parents was always normal for my sister and I. But growing up, my dad has always been really harsh and it has effected my sister and his relationship a lot. Well anyway, they havent really had a good relationship for about 10 years, and havent spoken in about 2 years. My dad hadn't met his grandson who is now 13 months and my sister was getting to the point where them meeting just wouldn't happen at all. I understand why, but God has showed me that with people, you need to forgive them and need to be the light to people who don't see it. Jesus told me when I first got saved that I would be that light to my family and that I would be the bridge to reconnecting my family together and bring them to salvation. Seems like a tough job, right? Believe it or not, Jesus has been working everything out, all in His perfect timing. 

Anyway, this weekend I had so much going on, but my dad called me last minute to go out on the river with him. I didn't want to go- but I felt compelled to go. He had been talking about meeting Michael (my nephew) for about a month now and while out on the river, he brought it up again- and he even bought him a carseat earlier that day. God has been telling me through this whole process to show my family his goodness, and only speak the goodness of people because He has showed me how one negative comment can cause a negative domino effect of thoughts and emotions. So, in these months of sometimes feeling like a messenger between them, I would speak as many good things as I could to them. I went along Saturday thanking Jesus for another opportunity to talk to my dad about God, how family is a gift, and praying for their reconnection. I then went home and told my sister that my dad got Michael a car seat. Not knowing what Jesus was doing behind the scenes, I didn't think about what was to come from talking to my dad.

I woke up today thinking I was going to go to Sunday school then to regular church service and it would be a regular day. But something told me I wasn't going to go. To be honest, I did not think it was God at first because He wouldn't tell me not to go to Sunday school, right?? (so I thought in my head) but then he clarified to me that He had somewhere He needed me to be instead of Sunday School this morning. So I was going about my morning wondering if anything would happen to make me not go to Sunday school. All of a sudden when I was eating my breakfast, my sister walks out of her room and says " I think I am going to take Michael to meet dad today." I paused and in my mind was saying WOW Jesus! So I said, lets get ready and go this morning. I prayed a quick prayer of it being a pleasant meeting and off we went. 

My dad finally saw his daughter after 2 years and met his grandson for the first time. Two people who refused a relationship with one another- were now face to face. I couldn't help but tear up because you could feel the joy they had. And it was beautiful how my dad fell in love with his grandson the moment he saw him. God is so good, isn't he? I am so proud of my sister, because as much as she could have held a grudge, she opened her heart to show compassion and love- and forgiveness. I have seen how God is working in her and it is truly beautiful to see and I am so excited to see what He has in store for her.

The moral of the story is, that walking by faith and not by sight ( 1 Corinthians 5:7) truly makes a difference. 

When you have faith, nothing is impossible. 

Jesus says that if "you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." ( Matthew 17:20)

Although it may not seem to the human eye that my dad is close to salvation, or that my dad & sister would have a good relationship again, but when you look at it by faith, you see Jesus working and having things come to pass and answering my prayers. But faith is just that - 

"..being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  (Hebrews 11:1)

And even though they may not see what I see, I trust Him with all my heart and this is one of many prayers He has answered. But to think how fast He can make changes for us is truly amazing. I continue to have faith because I rust Him,  it reaps many benefits and lets Jesus work. 

I am all around grateful and overwhelmed with how AWESOME He is to my family and I. His love knows NO bounds and I cant help but want to share how God continually changes my life and the lives of those around me. HE IS SO GOOD! So good. And I lay my head tonight in awe of his faithfulness and grace. I am Thankful!! 


I thank my sister for allowing me to share a personal testimony. 




I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Goodnight!!

xoxo,

Aisha

2 comments:

  1. Such a tear jerker! This is so beautiful. So happy for you and your family and thank you for sharing. Definitely was a faith booster :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started reading your blog and found this amazing story, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3