Image Map

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fun, Food, and enjoying the Lord's Presence

Thank goodness its Thursday! Only one day left before a long weekend! 

What are your plans? Going to the cabin? Hanging with friends? 

My plan is to hang around and make no plans LOL.

This week has been crazy and LONG to say the least. But I was thankful today because I got to get a break with my work team and head out to the MN State Fair for some fun and food! If you dont know about the MN State Fair, its a two week long fair full of fried food- on a stick most likely. Its a great place to splurge on some goodies, spend time with friends or family, listen to good music and enjoy nice weather. I always make sure to go once a year. 


I have made such good friends at work. I am excited to meet many more! It was great spending time with people I get to work with everyday, but not necessarily learn about them everyday. So it was nice getting to know my team on a more personal level- and they are all great!

What I ate: 

- Foot Long Hot Dog: a must! I LOVE hotdogs so adding another 6-7 inches of hot dog is a must have for me! LOL
- Lemonade: I love the State Fair's Lemonade- squeezed with lemons and limes (sometimes) and there's even sugar free so you don't have to feel so guilty!
- Cheese Curds: I can never eat it by myself, but they are oh so good!
- I usually get the deep fried candy bar, but after all of that, I was sooo full! I couldnt eat any more!

You know when you go to any sort of fair or carnival, you have to dress comfortable in case you get bloated from eating to much or you have to walk around a lot! Here is something that would be good to wear to the fair where you will be cute & comfortable:



A maxi skirt or shorts with a loose top work well because they are comfortable and keep you cool- but they can also be really fashionable. Pair it with a comfortable pair of strapped sandals and you are good to go! Best to wear a wristlet or over the shoulder bag so you can have two hands open and not worry about theft! Sunglasses and sunscreen are good to have to protect you from the sun. 


I was really happy to get to spend time with my team at the fair today, because this week I was starting to get very burnt out. I couldn't help but thank Jesus for the great people I work with and a break from my hectic work schedule. 

I love enjoying Jesus everyday
I got to talking to someone today about different problems in the world, but I told them that I trust in God for everything! They said " oh, you believe in angels and heaven in the clouds and when you get up there an angel is playing a harp welcoming you and all is so happy?". They were being sarcastic and told me they hope they get re-incarnated into a hawk... ANYWAY, I could've taken that offensively, but I couldn't help but be joyful because Jesus chose ME to save and do His Will and has helped me every step of the way to truly live for Him and be the light and vessel for Him. 

I am not ashamed of believing in Jesus 
and I know there is no other way to live- or to have true life. Jesus has been talking to me a lot about what it means to have a solid foundation in Christ and how to be the light of the world and for people who don't believe. He wants us all to be the light to people that don't see it or may not have the light themselves. And the most important thing you can do to be a light for Jesus, is to love EVERYONE- even if they curse you or say nasty things to you. Because it shows them love and compassion- and thats what Jesus showed the world. Love, compassion, joy sacrifice and so many other wonderful things... He paid the price for us and I consider it an honor to live for my Father. To show the world that there is so much better for each and everyone one of us than the world has tricked us to think. We have become so conditioned to what the world says we should be like or what we should do- but I thank God for continually breaking me free of that conditioned mindset and molding me into what HE wants me to be. I am SO thankful for that.
We all have our flaws,
 and sometimes are not the light that we want to be or that we think Jesus would want us to be.. but there is forgiveness and Jesus is the best Encourager to help you continue to be a bright shining light. 

Lets all try to hold in the nasty words we can say, forgive those who have done wrong to us, and pray for them- hope for them. 

What does it say about someone who instead of seeking revenge or growing hate, they grow love and seek to forgive people.. and hope for those who may not hope for them?

I would say that is a supernatural gift and a supernatural kind of love. Jesus always hopes for us when we may not hope for ourselves,  encourages us when we mess up or feel down, blesses us when we don't ask or don't deserve, and loves us unconditionally and more than anyone ever could love. Its a process, but 
God is ALWAYS with you to cheer you on :)

" Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails..."- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8


Have a good rest of your day! 
xoxo,
Aisha

1 comment:

  1. Love this post, very inspiring! And I wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster Award!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3