Image Map

Friday, February 3, 2012

Getting Intimate

Normally, I would publish posts about fashion, look of the days, how to's or anything that has inspired me.
Today, I am getting [up close & personal] with things that have been going on in my life.

First I wanted to start off saying that I have learned so much in that last weeks.
I have been going through a lot of big shifts in my life and was forced to view certain things from a different perspective. 

That different perspective changed my life.

When I was having these troubles, I didn't rely on anyone. I decided to keep what  I was feeling to myself and go on each day trying to be as positive as I could.

But it didn't work. 

Why? 

First, Because instead of dealing with the nitty gritty stuff inside of me, like I should have, I kept it all in. Second, when I was relying on myself, I should have been relying on God.

I got to the point I couldn't do it myself, so I turned to Jesus.

I prayed, I cried, I was afraid.. but when I prayed, I prayed for happiness, peace, and confirmation on what things I needed to change, improve on, or just keep the same about myself.

He answered ALL my prayers.
He didn't just bring me happiness, he brought me joy.
He didn't just bring me confirmation, he brought be counsel.
He didn't just help me realize the things I need to improve on or keep the same, He changed me for the better.
When I had the feeling of being a failure, he showed me that I am anything but a failure
He showed me I am not only a good person, I am a person of high QUALITY.
He made me see that the things that we happening were things not in my control. And to not blame myself.

It has been a short period of time since I decided to look to Jesus. 
How he could bring me from such a low point, to such a high is remarkable!
Although he showed me there is nothing wrong with who I am, he makes me strive to only get better.

He taught me to stay true to myself.
& to not be bitter or resentful towards people or things that have hurt me, but continue to pray for them and their happiness, prosperity, and relationship with God.

He is such a wonderful God! I give so much thanks to Him! 

When I put him first, all of the mainstream, immature, crazy, stupid things that everyone worries about no longer matters! Because I have Jesus on my side!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
He is the joy and ruler in my life! 

Going Forward, I have set some short term goals for myself.
  1. Become more involved in church, like Sunday School.
  2. Spend more time with the people that matter, like my family and friends.
  3. Become more involved with the community & become more involved in things that make a difference.
  4. DONATE MORE!
  5. Focus on my blog
  6. Continue on my weight loss adventure.











Thank you to everyone that was willing to listen to my intimate story. 

xoxo

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3448853/fashioninavanti?claim=thpqycy74x7">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


13 comments:

  1. Love the post. Love the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Beautiful post, Aish! You can do this!! I believe in you, so does God, your family and all of your other friends! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post.... so inspiring... really cute blog... I am your newest follower...
    Greets from Ireland!
    xxx Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hun...this is so beautifully written! I am so amazed at how much better life can be when we really trust God and confide in Him! :) I have always believed in God, but never truly gave Him my heart until more recently...and my how life is so much better! :) This post made my night! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you liked it! He is truly great and thank you for writing that to me! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing blog, I love it, just had to follow it:) it's so awesome;D<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is so inspiring and I love all of the quotes and pictures you chose. You are truly beautiful! By the way, I am so glad I came across your blog! I am now a follower :)

    www.theglossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much everyone! :-) Such kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post Aisha! When you get down, you should read this post and remember what He has done for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually have read it quite a few times! I missed you at church today! Such good words were spoken!

    Thank you for the post, and thanks for everything! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goood post, I am a christian too, and its amazing what God does in our lives and sometimes we take him for granted and not thank him for what he has done in our lives. Its good to see people around the world acknowledging God :-)

    I also blog, if you would like to follow me

    http://myfashionistalife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3