Image Map

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

THINK


Happy Tuesday (almost Wednesday)!

Think Positive


I have been doing a lot of thinking the last couple weeks. and that got me on the word THINK


We say think before you speak, think before doing, think about it, etc. We all have to think a lot. 
I know I am guilty of not always thoroughly thinking things through before doing something.

I found myself being reminded of what THINK really meant-- random thoughts right?

I saw something that really spelled it out for me.

THINK:

Is it Truthful?
Is it Helpful?
Is it Inspirational?
Is it Necessary?
Is it Kind?




Often times we say things without thinking things through or doing things that we later wish we wouldnt have. I know I am guilty of it. I often say things- even to people I love- that I may have not said if I really THOUGHT about what I was about to say. And often times it can leave bruises, miscommunications, and lead to things you didnt THINK would happen.

 Is it truthful, helpful, inspirational, necessary, kind? 

After seeing that, I made a vow to make a conscious effort to THINK before I say or do anything because the bible calls us to be the lights of the world and that our words are life or death. I want to not only speak life, but I want to THINK life and love as well.

So many things are caused or a result of your thoughts. It is amazing how a tiny negative thought can turn into a spiral of negative emotions which then goes externally to negative actions- which not only effect you but others. I know I have been guilty of it (as I mentioned before). But think about what could change if you changed your way of thinking. 

Continually ask yourself the above questions. Eventually you can get to the point where you  immediately delete negative thoughts out of your mind because you know negativity is not an answer to any of the questions above. Then you may not say the negative words that you may have said if you didnt THINK. 

This is my 30 day challenge to myself and I encourage you to do it. 

THINK- is it truthful, helpful, inspirational, necessary, kind? 

See what differences come from changing your mindset and your thinking. In 30 days, I will tell you my outcome :)

Hope you are having a good week!

Also! We will be announcing the winner of our Fall Giveaway TOMORROW! So stay tuned for that :)




XOXO,


3 comments:

  1. Great reminder to Think before speaking. I needed this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first quote! I agree with it, and somedays I just can't see that.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely important to think before speaking. I often feel like its not as much of a habit to do it with people who are close to you. Like I often catch myself being rude or saying little things to A, and then I have to apologize. Like if I'm having a bad day and he asks me how its going, I could say with an attitude "ughh its horrible, I don't want to be bothered." but if a girlfriend were to ask me I might be a bit nicer LOL. Great reminder post!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome! I appreciate them so much! Thanks for tuning in and showing love! <3